Vegetable Chow Mein
- Noodles – 200 grams
- Onion – 1
- Carrot – 1 small
- Capsicum – 1 small
- Spring onions – 2 springs
- Mushroom – 5
- Red chilli sauce – 2 tsp
- Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Soya sauce – 2 tsp
- Salt –1 tsp + 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Oil – ½ tsp + 2 tbsp
(*You can also add other vegetables of your choice*)
- Chop the onion, capsicum, carrot, spring onions and mushrooms.
- Boil the noodles with 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp oil and sufficient water till the noodles are perfectly cooked. Drain the water and keep aside.
- In a wok, heat oil and fry onion and spring onions for around 30 seconds.
- Add in the capsicum and carrot and fry well till the capsicum starts to leave out water.
- Add in the mushrooms and fry till the mushrooms leave out water and are cooked.
- With the flame on low, add in the red chilli sauce, soya sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper powder. Mix well for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the noodles and mix well on high flame. Serve hot.
Recipe by Chef Cheryl Lobo