Sheera is a delicious melt in the mouth sweet made with rava or suji (semolina).
- Ghee – 1/8 cup
- Semolina – ¼ cup
- Milk – ½ – ¾ cup
- Saffron – 4-5 threads
- Sugar – ¼ – ½ cup
- Yellow food colour – a pinch (optional)
- Almonds, cashew nuts or raisins for garnish
- Heat ghee in a vessel and roast semolina for sometime on low flame.
- Add in the milk and saffron and mix well, cover with a lid and cook for some time.
- Then, add in the sugar and mix well till it melts.
- Add in yellow food colour and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped almonds, cashew nuts or raisins.
Recipe by Chef Cheryl Lobo