- Basmati Rice – 1 cup
- Frozen or fresh green peas – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Onion – 1 big
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Bay leaves – 2
- Cinnamon sticks – 2
- Star Anise – 1
- Salt – ¾ tsp
- Wash the rice well and soak it in water.
- Slice the onion and keep aside.
- In a non-stick wok heat ghee. Add in the bay leaves, cinnamon sticks and star anise and fry for some time.
- Add in the onion and fry for some time.
- Then, add in the rice and green peas and fry well for around a minute.
- Add in 2 cups of water and salt and mix well.
- Once it starts boiling, cover with a lid and cook for around 4 minutes on high flame.
- Then turn the flame to low and cook for around 4 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and give it a good mix. Close the lid and keep for around 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Get your Fresh Green Peas here, now!!
Recipe by Chef Cheryl Lobo