- Paneer – 200 gms
- Onion – 1
- Capsicum – 1 small
- Green chilli – 2
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Red chilli powder – ½ tbsp
- Pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Tomato ketchup – 2 tbsp
- Red chilli sauce – 1 tsp
- Soya sauce – 2 tsp
- Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Corn flour – 2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Chop the onion and capsicum finely. Slit the green chillies midway. Mince the garlic cloves.
- Cut the paneer into big pieces. In a bowl, mix the paneer, red chilli powder and pepper powder and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non stick pan and fry the paneer on all sides till it turns golden brown.
- Take out the paneer and keep aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the red chilli sauce, tomato ketchup, soya sauce and vinegar.
- In another small bowl mix together 2 tsp of corn flour with 4 tbsp water.
- In the same pan, add another tbsp of oil and fry the onion, capsicum, green chillies and garlic till the onions turn translucent.
- Now with the flame on low, add in the sauces and mix well for about a minute.
- Add in the corn flour mixed with water. Mix well until the sauce thickens. Add salt if required.
- Add in the fried paneer and mix well.
- Serve hot with Noodles or Fried rice.
Recipe by Chef Cheryl Lobo
To keep yourself updated with my posts, follow my Instagram handle @whatcherylcooked
For more recipes, click here