- Onion – 3 medium size
- Gram Flour – 1 cup
- Red chilli Powder – ¼ tbsp
- Carom seeds / Oma seeds – ¼ tbsp
- Salt – ½ to ¾ tbsp
- Water – ¾ cup
- Oil – for deep frying
- Slice the onions finely.
- In a bowl, mix together the gram flour, red chilli powder, salt, oma seeds and water into a thick batter.
- Add in the sliced onions and mix well.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Drop in tablespoons of the onion mixture into the hot oil one by one. Avoid overcrowding.
- Deep fry till golden brown. Serve hot.
Recipe by Chef Cheryl Lobo
Get some amazing offers on bigbasket here.