Honey Chilli Sausage
- Chicken Sausages – 6
- Red chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Spring onions – 2 springs finely chopped
- Capsicum – ¼ cup finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 2 tbsp
- Soya Sauce – ¼ tsp
- Red Chilli sauce – 2 tsp
- White sesame seeds – 2 tsp
- Water – ¼ cup
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp
- Cut the sausages into big pieces.
- In a bowl, mix the sausages and chilli powder.
- In a wok, heat 2 tbsp oil and fry the sausages till cooked.
- Take out of the wok and keep aside.
- In the same wok, add a little more oil if required and sauté the spring onions.
- Add in the ginger garlic paste. Sauté for around half a minute.
- Add in the capsicum and fry well. If it gets too dry add a little water.
- Add in the honey, soya sauce and chilli sauce. Mix well.
- Add the water and keep mixing till it starts bubbling.
- Add in the salt.
- Add in the fried sausage and sesame seeds.
- Mix well and serve hot.
Recipe by Chef Cheryl Lobo