- Eggs – 8
- Tomato – 4 big
- Onion – 1 big
- Coriander leaves – 4-5 tbsp
- Jeera – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 2½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – 2½ tsp
- Sugar – 1¼ tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Boil, peel and cut the eggs into half and keep aside.
- Wash the tomatoes well and cut each tomato into 8 pieces. Grind them in a mixer.
- Cut the onion. Chop the coriander leaves finely.
- In a small bowl, mix together the red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and sugar and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add in the jeera and fry for around 30 seconds.
- Add in the onions and fry till they turn translucent.
- Add in the ground tomato and keep stirring till it starts boiling.
- Add in the powder mix and mix well. Cook for around 5 minutes on low flame stirring continuously.
- Add in the salt and mix well.
- Add in the boiled eggs one by one and coat each piece with the gravy. Cook on low flame for around a minute.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Recipe by Chef Cheryl Lobo
To keep yourself updated with my posts, follow my Instagram handle @whatcherylcooked
For more recipes, click here