CREAMY CHERRY JELLO PIE
1. Short crust pie shell (Baked)- 1
2. Cherry flavoured Jelly Mixture – 75 gms
3. Bavarian cream or Mousse mixture – 75 gms
4. Pitted Cherries – 100 gms
- 1 1/2 cups (250g) plain flour
- 125g butter, chilled, chopped
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon chilled water
- Combine flour, butter and sugar in a food processor. Process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add yolk and chilled water. Process until dough just comes together.
- Turn pastry onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead until just smooth. Shape into a disc.
- Wrap in baking paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place pan on a baking tray.
- Line pastry case with baking paper.
- Fill with ceramic pie weights or uncooked rice.
- Bake at 180C for 10 minutes.
- Remove weights and paper.
- Bake for a further 5 to 10 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Allow to cool.
For the Cherry flavoured jelly
|OR Cherry syrups or crushes|
1. Put the sugar in a pan with water and bring to the boil.
2. Meanwhile, soak the gelatine in a bowl of cold water until softened.
3. When the syrup has boiled, add the gelatine and mix gently to dissolve.
4. Add the Cherries and colour and mix to combine. Or one can use Cherry crust or Flavouring
5. keep aside.
|Egg||3 nos (separated)|
|Whipping cream||60 ml|
1. Soak the gelatin in hot water to dilute.
2. Boil the milk with sugar and add the egg yolk.
3. And keep it in double boiling
4. Mix it well by using a whisk.
5. Add the required flavour and colour. Stir it till the appearance of coating consistency.
6. Add the soaked gelatin with the mixture and mix it well and strain it to avoid lumps.
7. Remove from double boiling, bring it to room temperature.
8. Fold the whipped egg white (Stiff peak) into the mixture gently.
9. Keep it in ice bath and add the cream along with it. Keep it aside
1. Line piecrust with 1 cup of cherries; set aside.
2. Pour Bavarian cream or Mousse mixture over cherries in pie shell.
3. Arrange pitted cherries on top and set inside the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Then take it out and Pour jell-o mixture over the cherry
5. Refrigerate several hours.
6. Just before serving, top with whipped cream and cherries
7. When ready to serve, gently run a butter knife between the edge of the pie and the pan and then slowly loosen the edge of the pan. Cut into wedges.
– Klinth Crasta
Instagram handle: @klinthcrasta
For more recipes, click here