Make this easy pumpkin soup when you need a bit of comfort – it has a lovely silky texture.This is a classic, easy pumpkin soup recipe. Thick, creamy and full of flavour.
- Pumpkin (peeled and chopped into largedices)
- Salt and pepper
- Cream (if you want it to be creamy) OR Milk
- Heat a pan. Add butter. Once the butter has melted add in the mirepoix- garlic, onion, leek and celery.
- Once the raw smell has gone. Slide in the pumpkin. Sauté it. Add salt and pepper. Add in the stock. Bring it to a boil, reduce heat and let it cook.
- Purée the soup using a food processor or blender.
- Return to pan, and bring to a boil again. Reduce heat to low. Check the seasoning. Stir in cream or milk (depending on the consistency you desire)
- Pour into soup bowls and garnish with fresh parsley or toasted pumpkin seeds.
•If leek and celery isn’t available, then one can use only onion and garlic.
•If you want the consistency to be thick then you can add cream, or else you can add milk. And it’s fine if you do not add either of them because the pumpkin itself has a creamy texture.
– Klinth Crasta
Instagram handle: @klinthcrasta
For more recipes, click here