Chicken Ghee Roast
- 1 kg Chicken
- 14 Kashmir chillies
- One marble size tamarind
- 1tbsp cut cashew nuts
- 1/2 TSP sugar.
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 TSP turmeric powder
- Salt as required
- Curry leaves
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Few cut cashew nuts.
Method of preparation:
- Clean and cut the chicken into pieces.
- Soak the chillies for 10 minutes. Once it’s done, remove the seeds, add tamarind to the chillies,add cashew bits,1/2 tsp sugar and grind it into a paste.
- Fry the above masala in ghee. Add chicken and mix well. Add salt to taste.
- Cook it in slow fire, stir occasionally and do not add water.
- Continue until the chicken is cooked well and stop once it attains a dry masala stage.
- Season it with ghee, curry leaves and few cashew nuts and your Chicken Ghee roast is ready to be served.
- To get more spicy flavour, add more chillies as needed.
– Recipe by Pearl Fernandes
Loved this recipe? Check out our simple & delicious Pan Fried Chicken Roast recipe too, click here.