- Potato – 3 big
- Corn kernels – ¾ cup
- Cheese cubes – 3 (Grated)
- Ginger garlic paste – ½ tbsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tbsp
- Pepper powder – ¼ tbsp
- Oregano – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli flakes – 1 ½ tbsp
- Corn Flour – 2 tbsp ( For the potato mixture) + 2 tbsp (For the maida and corn flour paste)
- Maida/ All purpose flour – 2 tbsp
- Mozzarella Cheese – ½ cup (Grated)
- Bread crumbs – ¼ cup
- Oil – For deep frying
- Salt – To taste
- Boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker with ¾ tbsp salt until 1 whistle and then on low flame for around 5 minutes.
- Mash the boiled potatoes. In a bowl mix together the mashed potato, corn kernels, grated cheese cubes, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, pepper powder, corn flour, oregano, red chilli flakes and salt.
- In another bowl mix Maida, corn flour and water to form a thick paste.
- Take a heaped tbsp of potato mixture on your palm and form into a ball. Flatten it with your fingertips. Put the mozzarella cheese in between and again form into a ball.
- Dip each ball into the Maida and corn flour paste and then coat with the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil and deep fry the cheese balls till golden brown.
Recipe by Chef Cheryl Lobo
For more recipes, click here
Follow my instagram handle @whatcherylcooked for more updates.
Also. don’t miss out the most wonderful offers in our shop, shop link: Wordanova Shop