- White Button Mushrooms – 6 (Big size)
- Onion – 1
- Garlic – 10 – 12 cloves
- Oregano – ¾ tsp
- Red chilli flakes – ¾ tsp
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – ¾ tsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mozzarella cheese – 6 tsp (Grated)
- Wash the mushrooms well. Take out the stems of the mushrooms by turning them.
- Chop the stems finely.
- Chop the onion finely and mince the garlic cloves.
- In a pan, heat butter. Sauté the onion and garlic till the onion turns translucent.
- Add in the oregano, red chilli flakes, pepper and salt and mix well.
- Add in the finely chopped mushroom stems and fry well till it leaves out water and gets dry.
- Stuff each mushroom with sufficient stuffing and press it with a teaspoon to make it tight.
- In the same pan, heat oil. Fry the stuffed mushrooms on both sides turning them frequently till they cook and leave out water.
- When they are almost cooked add in 1 tsp of grated cheese on each mushroom. Cover the pan with a lid and cook on low flame till the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
Recipe by Chef Cheryl Lobo
To keep yourself updated with my posts, follow my Instagram handle @whatcherylcooked
For more recipes, click here