- Basmati Rice – 2 cups
- Onion – 1
- Capsicum – 1
- Carrot – 1
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Corn kernels – ¼ cup
- French beans – 8
- White button mushrooms – 8
- Chicken sausages – 2
- Corn flour – 3 tbsp
- Pepper powder – 1/8 tsp
- Light soya sauce – 1 tsp
- Chilli vinegar – 1 tsp
- Sugar – a pinch
- Maggi Chicken stock – ¼ cube
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – ¾ – 1 tsp
- Boil the basmati rice and keep aside.
- Chop the onion into big pieces. Separate each layer into individual flakes.
- Chop the capsicum into big cubes.
- Chop the carrot and beans into 1 inch pieces.
- Cut the mushrooms and sausages into big pieces.
- Mince the garlic finely.
- In a non stick wok, heat oil. Fry the garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the carrot, beans, corn kernels, mushrooms and sausages and sauté them for some time.
- Add salt and pepper powder and mix well.
- Add in sufficient water to soak all this and close the wok with a lid. Let it cook for about 10 minutes or until cooked.
- In a bowl, mix the corn flour with around 1 cup water and keep aside.
- Now add in the onion and capsicum and mix well. Cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the light soya sauce, chilli vinegar, sugar and chicken stock and mix well.
- Add salt to taste if required.
- Add in the corn flour mixture and mix well till it thickens.
- Serve hot with the basmati rice.
Recipe by Chef Cheryl Lobo
To keep yourself updated with my posts, follow my Instagram handle @whatcherylcooked
For more recipes, click here