Prawns are like super yummy. I can never say no to prawns. Its one of my favourite ingredient to cook with and I love coming up with different prawn recipes.
Prawns are considered by a variety of health experts to be among the healthiest foods in the world. Prawns are a great source of high quality protein, and provide some of the most important vitamins and minerals that make up a healthy diet. They are surprisingly low in calories and are made up of extremely healthy cholesterol.
This recipe is a easy and quick prawn recipe. Prawns cook really fast but of course cleaning and deveining the prawns takes a little time and effort. But its always worth the effort.
Fried prawns do taste divine and once you add in those perfect mix of spices and veggies it turns into a mouth watering delight.
Do try this recipe out, I’m sure it will become a family favourite.
- Prawns – 10
- Onion – 1
- Capsicum – 1
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Clean and wash the prawns well. Drain out all the water.
- In a bowl, mix together the prawns, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and vinegar and keep aside for at least half an hour.
- Dice the onion and capsicum.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry the prawns on high flame for around a minute.
- Add in about 3 tbsp of water. Turn the flame to low and fry for around 5 minutes.
- Turn the flame to high and add in the onion and capsicum. Fry well mixing continuously for around 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Hope you all enjoy this yummy recipe.
Recipe by Chef Cheryl Lobo