‘Pomegranate’ – Health Benefits
For skin :
Being rich in vitamin C and other antioxidants, pomegranates can help
- Delay the signs of aging (like wrinkles)
- Fight skin inflammation
- Treat acne breakouts
- Treat dark spots
- Naturally brighten the skin
Methods and treatment :
- You can take 2 tablespoons of pomegranate peel powder and add to it 1 tablespoon each of lemon juice and honey. Mix well to form a smooth paste. Apply this to your face and neck and leave it on for 15 minutes. Wash with lukewarm water. This face pack can remove dark spots and treat pigmentation and even brighten the skin naturally. It also has anti-aging effects.
- A face pack consisting of 2 tablespoons of crushed pomegranate seeds and 1 tablespoon of turmeric can work wonders. You just need to apply it to the affected areas and wash with cold water after 15 minutes.
- Application of pomegranate seed oil is known to help cure eczema and psoriasis. And pomegranate leaves might also help manage vitiligo – some sources say mixing crushed pomegranate leaves with water and drinking it can help ease the condition.
- Pomegranates can also boost the skin’s ability to protect itself from the sun, and this can be helpful in treating melasma.
- Eating a pomegranate daily can also help treat rosacea, thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties of the fruit – which inhibits the inflammatory activity of human mast cells.
For hair :
The powerful antioxidants in pomegranates help in
- Strengthening the hair follicles
- Improve circulation to the scalp
- The seed oil has been known to be an effective treatment for frizzy, kinky, and entangled hair
- Makes hair strong
- Stimulate hair growth
- Seed paste might also reverse graying
For health :
Being antioxidant-rich, pomegranates can help
- Boost heart health by lowering high cholesterol and blood pressure levels
- Possess anticancer and anti-diabetic properties
- Fiber in them improves digestive health and helps in weight loss
- Other antioxidants fight inflammation, cancer, and arthritis
- Break down the harmfully oxidized lipids – thereby cutting the risk of atherosclerosis
- The fruit (and especially the leaf extract) was also found to reduce serum cholesterol levels
- Improve clogged arteries
- Improve the blood flow to the cardiovascular system
- Cut the risk of prostate cancer
- Prevent skin cancer
- Have chemopreventive effects against cancers of the colon and lungs
- Help cut the blood supply to tumors, thereby starving them and making them smaller
- Cut the risk of diabetes-related atherosclerosis
- Prevent type 2 diabetes
- Strengthens teeth
- Seeds strengthen the immune system
- Beneficial during pregnancy
- Might also treat infertility in women
- Also found to improve male fertility
- Improves menstrual health
- Treat erectile dysfunction
- Treat kidney stones
- Prevent fatty liver disease
- Might boost thyroid health, improve vision, treat migraines and varicose veins, and enhance sleep quality
But we suggest you talk to your doctor before using pomegranates for any of these benefits.
Juicy and delicious, pomegranates are simple to eat and also offer optimum nutrition. Include them in your diet today!