Green Coffee VS Green Tea
Most of us have heard about Green Tea but not Green Coffee, so what do you think Green Coffee is?
What is Green Coffee?
Green coffee beans are the coffee beans in their natural form. The coffee beans are green initially when grown and become brown on roasting. A vital compound called chlorogenic acid is present in the unroasted or the green coffee beans whereas the brown coffee beans lack in this compound because they are roasted. This is why green coffee beans have a lot of healthy pros.
The superpowers of Green Coffee
- Chlorogenic acid helps the body in handling blood and sugar metabolism.
- Chlorogenic acid is also responsible for extensive fat loss. This is because it acts as a catalyst for the oxidation of fat. Studies have shown that a lot of weight can be reduced in 12 weeks.
- It increases the appetite of a person which can be categorized as a pro or a con depending on the person. But if consumed with the sole motive of weight loss, then one shall have to control his/her diet plan as the appetite is believed to increase.
- It also stimulates the absorption of fat in the liver.
- People consume green coffee by mouth for obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease and bacterial infections.
What is Green Tea?
Green tea is made from the leaves, stem and bud of the plant ‘Camellia sinensis’. This is in it’s pure form as fermentation process isn’t carried out as in other teas. It’s made by steaming fresh leaves at high temperatures. The steaming process enhances the polyphenols in it.
The superpowers of Green Tea
- Drinking green tea with lemon improves the health benefits of the tea. Citrus juice brings out green tea’s antioxidants which makes readily available for the body to absorb.
- Polyphenols present in green tea help in preventing inflammation and swelling in the body.
- It also has 2-4% of caffeine that makes it effective in boosting metabolism and stimulating the nervous system, heart and muscles by the release of neurotransmitters.
- Studies say that green tea effectively prevents breast cancer, colon cancer, diabetes, heart disease and leukemia.
- It is high in antioxidants and help in preventing the premature aging of skin.
- It improves mental clarity and alertness.
- Lowers blood pressure.
Both green coffee and green tea have their own health benefits. They improve overall health and also help to burn fat. They also decelerate ageing. The amount of research and analysis done on green tea is much more compared to that of the green coffee. But most noteworthy is the facts that have proved practically the evidence of weight loss by green coffee to more effective than by green tea. Moreover, it helps people lose weight without heavy workouts and flat diets. Green tea offers a number of health benefits but its effects are seen much slower than the impact green coffee bean extracts has on an individual. Both naturally contains caffeine and hence large amounts or beverage can cause side effects such as anaemia, anxiety disorders, heartburn, convulsions and headaches.
For similar articles, click here: Science and Technology