Egg Fried Rice
- Basmati Rice – 1 cup
- Egg – 2
- Spring onions – 2 springs
- French Beans – 5
- Carrot – 1
- Salt – 1 tsp + 1/8 tsp + ¼ tsp
- Pepper powder – ¼ tsp + 1/8 tsp
- Red chilli sauce – 2 tsp
- Chilli Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Soya sauce – 2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp + 1½ tbsp
*YOU CAN ADD OTHER VEGETABLES OF YOUR CHOICE*
- Rinse the rice thoroughly. Boil the rice adding around 1 tsp of salt.
- When boiled, strain the excess water and keep aside.
- Chop the carrot, French beans and spring onions finely.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs. Add in 1/8 tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper powder and beat well.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok. When hot, add in the egg and keep mixing till it gets cooked and slightly brown.
- Take out of the wok and keep aside.
- In the same wok, add in 1½ tbsp oil. Sauté the spring onions, carrot and French beans for around 2 minutes adding ¼ tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper powder.
- Add in the fried egg and mix well for around a minute.
- Add in 1 tsp red chilli sauce, 1 tsp chilli vinegar and 1 tsp soya sauce and mix well.
- With the flame on low, add in the boiled basmati rice and mix well.
- Once the rice is mixed again add in 1 tsp red chilli sauce, 1 tsp chilli vinegar and 1 tsp soya sauce and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Recipe by Chef Cheryl Lobo