Dry Fry Soya
Soya chunks also known as Soya nuggets, nutri nuggets, soy chunks and soy nuggets is a defatted soy flour product, a by-product of extracting soybean oil. Soya chunks are odourless and tasteless food item, but this unique food is highly nutritional and full of rich proteins. Its protein content exceeds that of eggs, meat and milk.
A 3.5-ounce serving of soya chunks contains over 54 grams of protein. This is more than the same serving size of meat and eggs. The recommended daily intake of protein is 56 grams for men and 46 grams for women.
Soya chunks work well as meat substitutes.
Why not try some fried soya chucks for a change if you are tired of fried chicken. Not to forget it is loaded with nutrients and proteins.
Here is a easy recipe for a tasty and healthy snack of soya chunks that can be made in few minutes. This is a great option for vegetarians and also for anyone craving something different and healthy.
- Soya chunks – 2 cups
- Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – ½ tsp
- Corn Flour – 3 tbsp
- Salt – ¾ tsp
- Vinegar – 2-3 tbsp (Vinegar must be diluted with water. It should not be very strong)
- Oil – For Deep frying
- Soak the soya chunks in salted warm water till it softens. Squeeze, wash and squeeze again.
- In a bowl, mix all other ingredients except oil into a smooth paste. Add in the soya chunks and mix well.
- Marinate for ½ an hour.
- Heat the oil for deep frying. When hot, add in the marinated soya chunks and fry on high flame till cooked.
- Serve hot.
Hope you enjoy this crispy and tasty snack!!
Get your soya chunks for the best price from amazon NOW! click here
Recipe by Chef Cheryl Lobo