Chilli French Fries
- Potato – 4 (Small size)
- Capsicum – 1
- Spring onions – 2 springs
- Ginger Garlic paste – ½ tbsp
- Corn flour – 1 tsp
- Red chilli sauce – 2 tbsp
- Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp
- Soya sauce – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/8 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp + ½ tsp
- Oil – for deep frying + 3 tbsp
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut them into long sticks (Width of your choice).
- Wash the potato sticks under running water till clean. Drain all the water. Add ½ tsp salt, mix well and keep aside.
- Chop the capsicum and spring onions finely.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 tsp of corn flour with ½ cup of water and keep aside.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Fry the potato sticks till golden brown. Keep aside.
- In a non stick wok, add 3 tbsp of oil. Add in the chopped capsicum and ¾ the spring onion and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and mix well. Sauté for another minute.
- With the flame on low, add in the red chilli sauce, tomato sauce, soya sauce, red chilli powder and salt and mix well.
- With flame on high, add in the corn flour mixture and mix well till it thickens.
- Now add in the fried French fries and mix well.
- Serve hot, garnish with the remaining spring onions.
Recipe by Chef Cheryl Lobo
Get your Plastic Potato Finger Chips Cutter French Fries Cutter (Red/White), here NOW