Carrot halwa also popularly known as gajar ka halwa is a very famous sweet made of carrot in India. It is made by placing grated carrots in a pot containing a specific amount of water, milk and sugar and then cooking while stirring regularly. Here’s a mouth watering recipe of carrot halwa. It’s super simple so you can make it yourself very easily without anybody’s help and yes! It’s also scrumptious that you will gobble it all up in no time. Here are the ingredients..
- Carrot – 2 big
- Ghee – 2 – 3 tbsp
- Milk – ¼ cup
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Cashew – ¾ tbsp
- Peel the carrot and grate.
- In a kadai, heat ghee.
- Add in the Cashew and fry till slightly brown.
- Add in the grated carrot and fry well. Let it cook on low flame for some time.
- Add in the sugar and mix well.
- When the carrots starts leaving out water, add in the milk and mix well.
- Keep mixing on high flame till all the water dries up and the carrot halwa gets dry.
And your carrot halwa is ready to be served.
Recipe by Chef Cheryl Lobo
To keep yourself updated with my posts, follow my Instagram handle @whatcherylcooked
For more recipes, click here